unanswered Acarology Summer Program

27 Mar 2024 22:19 #699 by C.V.R.I.C Admin
Acarology Summer Program was created by C.V.R.I.C Admin
The Acarology Summer Program, in it’s 69th year, is offering a three-week intensive course on soil mites June 10-28, 2024 at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. We moved it from its longtime home at the Ohio State University in 2019. This three-week workshop concentrates on the Acari associated with soil and litter. Week one will be devoted to Mesostigmata (Beaulieu & Dowling), the second week to Oribatida (Lindo & Barreto), and the third week to Endeostigmata & Prostigmata (Bolton, Fisher, & Welbourn). The main emphasis will be on identification and systematics of both adults and immatures, but this course will have a strong secondary emphasis on ecology and life-history.  More information about registration and housing can be found at Acarology Summer Program | Professional and Workforce Development | University of Arkansas (uark.edu) . While the full three-week immersion into Acari is the best for a full understanding of soil mite diversity, options to take individual weeks are available. If you wish to participate in only 1-2 weeks or just want more information about the program, please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. There are only a few seats left for this summer! If you have colleagues that may be interested, but not on this list, please pass the announcement along.ThanksAshley Dowling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• C.V.R.I.C Admin
  • C.V.R.I.C Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More

Optimized FB Like Button

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds